Tuesday 30 October 2012

Quiet nights and dreaming


Boulder, Colorado... 


I am trying to figure out what exactly I would like to say about Boulder.
Boulder has the kind of charm you can’t capture in a photo (trust me I have tried) and can’t be put into a funny story.
Life in Boulder is just relaxed. Its quiet, its sunny, and it may sound funny but it gives of energy of joyfulness.
There is no need to lock the doors, no need to lock your car and everywhere you go people are friendly and just relaxed. There are a lot of athletes going around on there bikes and running. I’m the odd one out not having a dog.
There is a creek that runs all the way through the centre of town (with a separate cycle path obviously) right up into the canyon as far as you are willing or able to go, grab a Boulder chai tea  (best chai tea I ever had) and pack a sarnie and you will be amazed! You might even see the wild prairie dogs!


 I attended a weekend at Naropa University in Buddhist meditation and the happiness in a still, kind, sweet, and sane way was infectious, no one ever appeared to be thinking or doing a thousand things at once, everything was far more gentle and clear. It was like no college I have attended in the UK and much to my delight unlike my studies in the UK the balance of men and women was great. The male intelligence and logic is something that I always value in my studies (as its so different to mine!)

I have never been able to sleep so well, dream so well and rest so well and after the somewhat embarrassing amount of altitude induced nose bleeds have worn off and I feel a little less like I am living in an aeroplane, Boulder is starting to grow on me!  And the fresh air is like no other place I have ever been! Boulder may not have much in the way of culture diversity, or liveliness of other places, but it has calm, it has peace and it has mountains and that’s wonderful in its own way.

From a very relaxed and rested me,

Be Inspired,
LB xx



2 comments:

  1. Love this Faye, thanks for sharing! I meant to hug you as you were leaving but had Juni in my lap :) I'll look out for that solo pink sock and send it to you if I find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you find it I will come get it myself, have a hug and a bit of Britney Spearsing anyday!

      Delete